26. května 2009 15:56The State Machine Workflow (like the one in WF 3.5) does not appear in .NET Framework 4: Workflow Foundation - Beta 1
Will it appear in the final release of WF 4.0?
Will you be able to move a particular state using a SetState method or something like it?
- Upravený Tim Lovell-SmithModerator 2. října 2011 16:57 Add "Stickied" in title
26. května 2009 16:09I read somewhere that it will not be included in final release but similar functionality can be achieved using flowchart and flowchart variables iirc.
IT Architect www.Goyaweb.nl The Hague, The Netherlands
26. května 2009 17:30
- have a look at the sample for building a state machine in the .NetFx 4.0 Beta1. The sample located in the folder \WF_WCF_Samples\WF\Scenario\StateMachineWithPick
Roman Kiss, MVP Connected System Developer
26. května 2009 18:57ModerátorWe're also working on a detailed guidance doc here that you should hope to see this week or next.
Roman is right that a brand new State Machine is not included in WF4. However, we also believe that with the new Flowchart modeling style that lets you model your processes with loops, that common scenarios where people had to resort to State Machine in WF3.x should now be covered with Flowchart. We'll post a link to the guidance doc here.
Program Manager, Connected Framework: http://blogs.msdn.com/rulesteam
- Navržen jako odpověď Kavita Kamani - MSFTMicrosoft Employee, Moderator 26. května 2009 18:57
5. června 2009 17:48Moderátor
Our State Machine guidance doc is now live on MSDN.
If you have feedback on the State Machine guidance, please provide your feedback on this forum post:
Senior Lead Program Manager, Windows Workflow Foundation http://blogs.msdn.com/kavitak
[Note: Tim Lovell-Smith, Moderator - this was the official answer when .Net 4.0 was released, and the advice here can be used for thinking about whether you would rather use state machine or flowchart. However, for true state machines, they are now supported in .Net 4 PU1, see Ron's answer below.]
29. dubna 2010 2:42Moderátor
Now we have a StateMachine CTP release based on .Net 4.0. Please try it and give your feedback. :)
- Navržen jako odpověď Xianfeng Zhang - MSFTModerator 29. dubna 2010 2:43
15. března 2011 7:53I am not able to use state machine in reshosting. it is working fine with studio but not working in rehosting
15. března 2011 8:25ModerátorAtul,
Maybe you could add some details on what you did, and how it is not working in rehosting? In a new thread might be best.
15. března 2011 11:28
I have added a new thread and details under title
State machine activity in WF 4.0 is not working in rehosting. Please let me know if something more is required
26. července 2011 3:34
State Machine workflows are available in the .NET 4 Platform Update 1:
Jurgen Willis - MSFT
- Navržen jako odpověď Tim Lovell-SmithModerator 27. července 2011 4:56
2. srpna 2011 17:55
The State Machine Workflow Activity is now release in .NET 4 Platform Update 1.
For more information
Sr. Program Manager, AppFabric Development Platform (WF/WCF) http://blogs.msdn.com/rjacobs http://www.twitter.com/ronljacobs