10. dubna 2012 5:33
Let's say that I want to test my Metro App in tablet. My questions are:
1) Do I need to test for several tablets with different resolution?
2) Do I need to test for several tablets with different brand?
3) Do I need to test for several tablets with different processor?
4) Do I have to test my metro app in physical tablet? Let's say that I want to test my metro app in Asus Tablet with 1366x768 screen resolution, but I don't have that tablet, is there any possible way to do that?
11. dubna 2012 20:39Moderátor
This is the same as testing the app for any other form factor. There isn't anything tablet specific here.
You should test with different resolutions to make sure the app behaves well in all of them, but you can do so in the simulator and don't need a big stack of physical machines. The simulator can mimic several screen sizes and several resolutions (include a 10.6" 1366x768 resolution).
How wide a test matrix you want to use really depends on you, your app, and your resources. I wouldn't worry so much about targeting different brands, but testing the different processor architectures and form factors can be useful. If your app has special requirements (D3D, specific sensors, etc.) I would definitely test on lower end systems to make sure it degrades gracefully.
- Označen jako odpověď Permagate 12. dubna 2012 1:38
12. dubna 2012 1:39
Thanks Rob, that helps. I'm not well-versed in manual testing, but I just ought to ask since someone asked me :)