2. srpna 2010 8:02
Do you have any measurements done on application performance?
I have a very small model (8 entities, 1 derived hierarchy) with practically no data, I have 2 users, and I am on this infrastructure:
- Data Tier: 4x3,6GHz, 1,5GB RAM (VM HYPER-V)
- App Tier: 2x1GHz, 1GB RAM (VM HYPER-V)
I have some difficulties in accessing data and especially in editing in place in grids. Also, the first access on entities and hierarchy is long (>15 sec).
I have also some not uniform access time during daytime (with no other charge on the servers).
Do you have an answer regarding my configuration & expecting perf on that?
Thanks in advance,
- Upravený Marius Zaharia 2. srpna 2010 8:04 the first access on entities and hierarchy is long
2. srpna 2010 12:32you will need more RAM. I suggest starting with 4gb. We had the same issue. We had no data and the performance was dreadful.
2. srpna 2010 12:57
Are you saying: on the data tier, the app tier, or both?
2. srpna 2010 16:13Probably both, but I would start with the App Tier.
3. srpna 2010 9:57Actually the more effective would be the Data Tier. But I'll keep you in touch with my results as soon as I will have the resources.