28. února 2012 19:02
I have been trying to install SQL 2012 Express silently but with no luck. I examined the detailed logs and the installation indicates it has successfully executed the following action: Running Action: Install_DotNetKB2468871_Cpu64_Action
However, the logs after that is an endless cycle of the following:
(01) 2012-02-03 14:14:56 Slp: Invoking QueryServiceStatus Win32 API
(01) 2012-02-03 14:14:56 Slp: Sco: Attempting to close service handle for service msiserver
(01) 2012-02-03 14:14:56 Slp: Sco: Attempting to close SC Manager
(01) 2012-02-03 14:15:01 Slp: Sco: Attempting to open SC Manager
(01) 2012-02-03 14:15:01 Slp: Sco: Attempting to open service handle for service msiserver
The installation will just go on for hours with no progress.
Anybody who has seen this issue? Any workaround would be appreciated.
5. března 2012 11:56
Can you verify the topics: Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2012 and http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5634.microsoft-sql-server-2012-rc-0-release-notes.aspx <Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RC 0 Release Notes> for all the installation pre-requisites?
Also refer: Install SQL Server 2012 from the Command Prompt for installing SQL Server sliently from the command prompt.
Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.