19. října 2010 12:40
I downloaded uml extension, tried two samples.
I have some questions:
1. Because I already had the sequence diagram, why should I also develop a model and write the cord, is it a little redundant?
2. Why do the extension have two testing purposes, what is the difference between slicing and testing?
19. října 2010 13:03Moderátor
Glad to hear you started to try our UML extension.
For 1), actually you cannot test from a sequence diagram due to some limitations of Spec Explorer:
a. Exploration can only consume a rule-based modeling assembly
b. Parameters cannot be kept symbolic (i.e. parameters will be expanded according to its domain) so we still need model to help calculate some expected output values.
Cord can be auto-generated, which has been in our feature plan, but not implemented yet.
For 2), it is because actions cannot be nested in Spec Explorer. If you have a look at the user guide, there is some description about the message resolution rule. When testing from a sequence diagram, message will be split to a call and a return; but in slicing scenario, since the actions are fixed (already developed), we cannot require users to do so.
Any problem, please let me know.
- Navržen jako odpověď Xiang LiModerator 19. října 2010 13:03
19. října 2010 13:45
But it is not convenient right?
Do you have plans to do so, or have some automatic ways?
28. října 2010 17:06ModerátorAutomatic way is in our feature backlog, you're right, since the sequence diagram has determined if a message should be resolved as controllable step or observation step, we can generate the config automatically
- Označen jako odpověď Xiang LiModerator 28. října 2010 17:06
16. února 2012 12:55
Hi to all
I too have same doubt in the two samples that are provided in UML extenstion for spec explorer.In ATM example ,we have Atmsequencediagram.adapter,and mockup projects
in that there are nearly 5 class adapters and mockup contains around 6 classes.So now
i have one basic doubt that does the code in all adapter classes and mockup classes are autogenerated or it is done manually?
If so it is auto generated could you please inform me how to make that one because i am doing research work on UML spec explorer for auto test case generation which is liked by most of the non technical persons and can be less codes so that it can be easily understandable.
So please do reply me as early as possible So that i am glad and very thankful and it will be very helpful to my project work as well..