9. listopadu 2011 15:04
Will RDS4 beta run on windows embedded compact 7?
10. listopadu 2011 5:30Vlastník
We have tested on Windows Embedded Standard 7.
I believe that Windows Embedded Compact 7 is based on Windows CE and therefore it is not supported.
15. listopadu 2011 5:44
I tried and tested the RDS 4 Beta on Windows Compact 7 and is supported some times and some times it gives an error so we can say it has created a partial support.
Roozan Parvez Bharucha MCT, MCITP (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Admin), MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Config, .NET Frmwk 3.5, .NET Frmwk 4.0 (Windows)), MCPD Enterprize App (Frmwk 3.5), MCPD Windows (Frmwk 4.0) CEO, SRDTechnoTronicsGroup
- Navržen jako odpověď Rex Honour 15. listopadu 2011 5:44
16. listopadu 2011 5:13Vlastník
It might work, but as I said, we do not test it. Therefore it is not supported by the product group. In other words, use at your own risk.
16. listopadu 2011 7:04ModerátorMicrosoft Robotics is NOT claiming we support Windows Compact 7 with RDS 4 Beta. We *only support Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
30. listopadu 2011 17:00
Could you please give us some insight regarding what prevents RDS from being supported on WinCE 7 ? Are there specific operating system features required by RDS that aren't available under WinCE ?
I believe lack of support for WinCE is big drawback for RDS. I'd love to see that OS supported again, as it was before the 2008 R3 release.
2. prosince 2011 6:43Vlastník
Windows CE does not implement the full .NET in the same way as full Windows, which meant that we had to have two sets of executables and it doubled our test matrix for a limited number of customers. In particular there are differences in how it handles networking. Windows CE will be replaced in the Windows 8 family, so there is no point in us adding support back into RDS.
2. prosince 2011 20:09I see, thanks for the perspective. It's especially interesting to know that WinCE's days are numbered.