12. prosince 2011 14:05
Is there a way to find out which computers are not in use for a certain period ?
I can't run dsquery because I'm running on Linux platform.
I know about the following attributes :
lastLogon - not replicated between DCs in the domain
lastLoginTimestamp - replicated between DCs in the domain
1) Will any change in these attributes update the usnChange attribute of the object ?
2) What will happen if a user logs-in and doesn't log-off for a very long period ?
Using the above attributes might get me into a conclusion that the computer is not in use, even though the user is still logged-on.
Thanks for the help !
12. prosince 2011 16:56Moderátor
This question has been raised previously in Directory Services forums. The following resources provide the answers to your specific questions.
Active Directory LastLogonTimeStamp is Way Off
“The LastLogonTimeStamp Attribute” – “What it was designed for and how it works”
Polling for Changes Using USNChanged
Note that this forum handles requests related to Open Specifications documentation issues.
The Open Specifications can be found at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350.aspx.
Hope this helps.
15. prosince 2011 17:27
Thanks for your help !
From some reason I can't find a way to post my question in the "Directory Services" forum.
Can you please send me a link to this forum because the links that you wrote me still don't answer all my questions :
- When the AD updates the lastLogonTimestamp attribute (after 9-14 days), does it also update the usnChanged attribute ? Otherwise, I won't be able to track this change.
- What actions update the lastLogonTimestamp attribute of a user ?
first login after reboot ?
when typing password and login after keyboard was locked ? etc.
- What actions update the lastLogonTimestamp attribute of a computer ?
when user logs-in ? etc.
Best Regards and thanks a lot !
15. prosince 2011 20:57Moderátor
The forum link is:
Hope this helps.
- Označen jako odpověď Edgar A OlougounaMicrosoft Employee, Moderator 15. prosince 2011 20:57