none
RFT and TXT reports in Foxypreviewer

Dotaz

• Dear all,

I found save as RTF is not functioning in Foxipreviewer (even in latest versions). On the other hand save as TXT is not available on the Simplyfied mode. Is it possible to activate save as TXT in simplyfied mode ?

Thank you

Upendralk

3. března 2012 10:30

Odpovědi

• I found save as RTF is not functioning in Foxipreviewer (even in latest versions). On the other hand save as TXT is not available on the Simplyfied mode. Is it possible to activate save as TXT in simplyfied mode ?

Upendralk,

Please be more specific describing the issue you're having. What's wrong with the RTF output? The RTF generated is suitable to be opened by MS WORD, or MS WORD Viewer. OTOH, it's not fully compatible with WordPad.

About the TXT generation... Currently it's not available in the Simplified mode. The reason was already explained by Pavel in the other message. The simplified mode runs all the time in ReportBehavior 90, while the Complete runs the report twice. The preview is in 90, and the file generation is in 80. But as I told you in another message, the Complete mode is totally deprecated, and not recommended any more.

For the future, I'm planning to release a simplified TXT version, maybe next month.

HTH

Cesar

• Navržen jako odpověď CChalom 5. března 2012 17:15
    • Označen jako odpověď upendralk 6. března 2012 5:22
    5. března 2012 17:15
  • RTF is working fine for me in version 2.92a. You have to post the report and sample data to allow bug reproduction.

In fact I don't know why Foxypreviewer setup lists TXT output as one of the options. You don't need Foxypreviewer to save the output as TXT. Simply write:

SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80
    REPORT FORM xxx TO FILE filename ASCII

And Foxypreviewer must be inactive to generate ASCII output (because it sets REPORTBEHAVIOR 90).

TXT output is very poor and I don't recommend it at all. It could be used for very specific, simple and non-graphical outputs only.

4. března 2012 22:21
    Moderátor

Všechny reakce

• RTF is working fine for me in version 2.92a. You have to post the report and sample data to allow bug reproduction.

In fact I don't know why Foxypreviewer setup lists TXT output as one of the options. You don't need Foxypreviewer to save the output as TXT. Simply write:

SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80
    REPORT FORM xxx TO FILE filename ASCII

And Foxypreviewer must be inactive to generate ASCII output (because it sets REPORTBEHAVIOR 90).

TXT output is very poor and I don't recommend it at all. It could be used for very specific, simple and non-graphical outputs only.

4. března 2012 22:21
    Moderátor
  • I found save as RTF is not functioning in Foxipreviewer (even in latest versions). On the other hand save as TXT is not available on the Simplyfied mode. Is it possible to activate save as TXT in simplyfied mode ?

Upendralk,

Please be more specific describing the issue you're having. What's wrong with the RTF output? The RTF generated is suitable to be opened by MS WORD, or MS WORD Viewer. OTOH, it's not fully compatible with WordPad.

About the TXT generation... Currently it's not available in the Simplified mode. The reason was already explained by Pavel in the other message. The simplified mode runs all the time in ReportBehavior 90, while the Complete runs the report twice. The preview is in 90, and the file generation is in 80. But as I told you in another message, the Complete mode is totally deprecated, and not recommended any more.

For the future, I'm planning to release a simplified TXT version, maybe next month.

HTH

Cesar

• Navržen jako odpověď CChalom 5. března 2012 17:15
    5. března 2012 17:15
  • Dear Cesar,

I am sorry about the previous Message. The problem was with my machine. Now all options are working properly. Any how Foxipreviewer is a wonderful Work.

Thank you again

Upendralk

I

6. března 2012 5:37
  • Dear Cesar,

I am sorry about the previous Message. The problem was with my machine. Now all options are working properly. Any how Foxipreviewer is a wonderful Work.

Thank you again

Upendralk

I

No problem, I'm glad it works fine !
    6. března 2012 14:41