none
Unable to create sharepoint 2010 site collection using WSP 1.1.2

    Dotaz

  • hi There

    i was trying to create a new sharepoint 2010 site collection using WSP 1.2 but i get this error message

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    An error occurred while creating SharePoint site collection.


    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'ADD_SITE_COLLECTION' task on 'http://weluvhouse.org' HOSTEDSHAREPOINT ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.HostedSharePointServer.CreateSiteCollection(SharePointSiteCollection siteCollection) at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.Code.SharePoint.HostedSharePointServerController.AddSiteCollection(SharePointSiteCollection item) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.Code.SharePoint.HostedSharePointServerController.AddSiteCollection(SharePointSiteCollection item) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---0

    From what i can see it looks like something to do with permissions to the sql database of sharepoint which are both installed on the same server, but seperate from the other componenets (exchange, WSP, WSP SQL, etc)

    I know the AD part works fine because the OU and the Exchange for WSP works perfectly.

    So i followed the instructions on the documents for sharepoint wss (since i was told it can be used for sharepoint 2010) -- am i missing a step somewhere?


    MattLok
    • Upravený mattlok 22. dubna 2011 18:07
    22. dubna 2011 15:54

Všechny reakce

  • Hey I followed this guys suggestion which seems to work

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wspentsupport/thread/d801502c-01c2-4a1d-ba73-4673f1764dc3/

     

    basically my WSPserver account for sharepoint also has to be added to the SQL server security (under login), for me i gave it dbcreator and sysadmin and it seem to work.

    also i know a lot of people are confused when we say "wsp server" account for that server.

    so here is an example of what I or we mean

    DC01 = wspserver-dc01 (that is the Active directory account i created when i installed the WSP server agent or component)

    Sharepoint01 = wspserver-sp01 (that is the Active directory account i created when i installed the WSP server agent or component)

    Exchange01 = wspserver-ex01 (that is the Active directory account i created when i installed the WSP server agent or component)

    Exchange02 = wspserver-ex02 (that is the Active directory account i created when i installed the WSP server agent or component)

    Therefore if someone says to check your AD permission for sharepoint for wspserver account, they are refering to my "wspserver-sp01" that i created in ADS for my sharepoint WSP agent/component

    Even though this solved the problem, it is not documented in the WSP sharepoint documentation and not sure if this is a proper solution.

    Can someone at WSP confirm this is a proper solution?  Thx


    MattLok
    22. dubna 2011 17:49
  • Ok, this is getting strange.

    when i originally tested this i only used the default domain - customer.org -

    which the site collection worked and i was able to delete it with WSP with no errors.

    now i went in the created a new domin (under the OU) - team.customer.org -

    then i went to the sharepoint module and created a new site collection

    i created my new site collection using my new domain "team.customer.org"

    the sit collection created without problem with WSP

    but when i went to browse to that site i get the defualt IIS 7.5 page instead of my sharepoint page.

    Any ideas?


    MattLok
    22. dubna 2011 18:07
  • Hi MattLok,

    I'm ready to investigate this issue.

    Please use my e-mail below.

    Thank you.


    Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us
    26. dubna 2011 19:28
  • Hi Dmitry,

     

    I have sent you an email with all the login credentials.

    Let me know if you need anything.

    Thx

    Matt


    MattLok
    26. dubna 2011 22:26
  • Hi Matthew,

    Already discussed/continued via e-mail.

    Thank you.


    Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us
    27. dubna 2011 2:58