none
C# Create VM from Template example

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to spin up VMs through code, yes you can do.

Here is the complete list of REST API documenation.

Specific to VM creation refer to this.

Refer to AddRole, CreateVirtualMachine operations for creating VMs through code from the image you uploaded to azure.

You can refer to this blog for example.

Hope it helpls.

Please mark the replies as Answered if they help and Vote if you found them helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Veerendra Kumar Monday, August 13, 2012 6:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rolls Monday, August 13, 2012 7:02 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:11 AM
  • Are you using the new virtual machine feature? In this case, there's no specific C# project template. You develop a normal application that runs on Windows Server or Linux Server. You test it in your local environment (such as on a Hyper-V virtual machine). At this stage, Windows Azure does not kick in, although you can connect to Azure storage or SQL Azure if you like. You use normal project templates, such as console application and ASP.NET web application. After development is complete, you (or more likely an IT Pro in your company) provide a virtual machine image and upload it to Windows Azure.

For more information, please post the question on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/WAVirtualMachinesforWindows/threads

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:06 AM

All replies

• Are you using the new virtual machine feature? In this case, there's no specific C# project template. You develop a normal application that runs on Windows Server or Linux Server. You test it in your local environment (such as on a Hyper-V virtual machine). At this stage, Windows Azure does not kick in, although you can connect to Azure storage or SQL Azure if you like. You use normal project templates, such as console application and ASP.NET web application. After development is complete, you (or more likely an IT Pro in your company) provide a virtual machine image and upload it to Windows Azure.

For more information, please post the question on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/WAVirtualMachinesforWindows/threads

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:06 AM
  • Hi Arwind

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. I would like to use the 'csmanage' project to create a new virtual machine from an image i have saved i azure. I need to do this in code and I have not seen an example of how to do this or if it can be done.

Many thanks

Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to spin up VMs through code, yes you can do.

Here is the complete list of REST API documenation.

Specific to VM creation refer to this.

Refer to AddRole, CreateVirtualMachine operations for creating VMs through code from the image you uploaded to azure.

You can refer to this blog for example.

Hope it helpls.

Please mark the replies as Answered if they help and Vote if you found them helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Veerendra Kumar Monday, August 13, 2012 6:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rolls Monday, August 13, 2012 7:02 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:11 AM