none
Problem starting message broker during service broker configuration

Question

• Hi,

after a successful Installation of Service Broker 1.0 i started with its configuration.

The farm creation was also successful but not the step when the Services are started. First it took a Long time for processing. Finally this error message was shown:

Fehler beim Starten des Diensts Service Bus Message Broker: Der Vorgang wurde nicht abgeschlossen, da der Timeout abgelaufen ist.

To find out what really happend i found this Errors in the Event log:

1:

TrackingId: 90a3b7eb-21e2-4420-a873-036f6cfc98ee, SubsystemId: NoSystemTracker. Failed to open Messaging Host Component System.AggregateException: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. ---> System.Fabric.FabricException: A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

bei System.Fabric.Interop.NativeClient.IFabricServiceManagementClient.EndGetServiceDescription(IFabricAsyncOperationContext context)

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient.ServiceManagementClient.GetServiceDescriptionEndWrapper(AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter)

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.FinishNativeAsyncInvoke[TResult](String functionTag, Func`2 endFunc, TaskCompletionSource`1 source, AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter, Boolean expectCompletedSynchronously)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.WaitForFabricReady(FabricClient fabricClient, Uri uri)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.CreateServiceInstances(MessagingManagementProviderConfig messagingManagementProviderConfig)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHostComponent.Open()

---> (Interne Ausnahme #0) System.Fabric.FabricException: A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

bei System.Fabric.Interop.NativeClient.IFabricServiceManagementClient.EndGetServiceDescription(IFabricAsyncOperationContext context)

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient.ServiceManagementClient.GetServiceDescriptionEndWrapper(AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter)

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.FinishNativeAsyncInvoke[TResult](String functionTag, Func`2 endFunc, TaskCompletionSource`1 source, AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter, Boolean expectCompletedSynchronously)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---<---

2:

ServiceBus Broker service failed to start, retry count 1.  Exception message: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten..  Stack Trace:    bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.WaitForFabricReady(FabricClient fabricClient, Uri uri)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.CreateServiceInstances(MessagingManagementProviderConfig messagingManagementProviderConfig)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHostComponent.Open()

bei Microsoft.Cloud.HostingModel.ComponentHost.OpenComponent(IComponent component, RequestTracker tracker)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.HostingModel.ComponentHost.Open()

bei Microsoft.ServiceBus.MessageBroker.Backend.OnStart(String[] args)

3:

Windows Fabric service registration failed. Exception System.Fabric.FabricException: Service type is already registered. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BD1

bei System.Fabric.Interop.NativeRuntime.IFabricRuntime.RegisterStatefulServiceFactory(IntPtr serviceType, IFabricStatefulServiceFactory factory)

bei System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.InternalRegisterServiceFactory(Boolean isStateful, String serviceType, ServiceFactoryBroker serviceFactoryBroker)

bei System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.RegisterServiceTypeHelper(Boolean isStateful, String serviceTypeName, Type serviceTypeImplementation)

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.<>c__DisplayClassad.<WrapNativeSyncInvoke>b__ac()

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.WrapNativeSyncInvoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String functionTag)

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.WrapNativeSyncInvoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String functionTag)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.Ring.Join()

I suppose that this last message 3 is not the reason for the Problem, but the first communication Problem.

Can You please help me to find out the reason for this problems!

Thank You in advance

Alex 

Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Unfortunately it is not easy (even possible) to say what exactly has caused the problem.
    Your cluster installation is not correctly installed and configured. In other words the issue can be described as follows:

The broker service cannot load container into its domain, because fabric service at that host machine does not register properly (message 3 does matter). Because all of this Service Bus cannot build up the cluster ring. In fact nothing works.

You will probably have to install all again. But before you do that you can (usually I do that) stop all SB services (fabric, broker and gateway). Then first try to start fabric service to figure out why this does not properly work.

I’m sorry that I cannot provide more precise answer, but provided event log entries do not say more L

Damir

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi Damir,

Thank You.

I tried to follow your hints. The fabric Service is starting without any Problem.

After a new Setup on my development pc (Windows 8), which has all prerequisites, i was able to start this Service before doing any configuration. But starting the configuration, i have the same Problems.

In this Situation the fabric is startet, the Gateway also but the Broker is in the Status "starting".

Here are the Event log entries in chronological order:

-----------------------------------

Warning:

System.ArgumentException: At least one address must be provided if hostEndpoints is non-null

Parametername: hostEndpoints

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient.InitializeFabricClient(SecurityCredentials credential, TimeSpan keepAliveInterval, String[] hostEndpoints)

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient..ctor(SecurityCredentials credential, String[] hostEndpoints)

bei Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.ServiceBusCommandBase.CreateFabricClient()

bei Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.ServiceBusCommandBase.RegisterWinFabricService(Int64 containerId)

----------------------------------------------------

Critical:

TrackingId: 0c245951-15f0-4ece-baa0-9b2c275b9d7e, SubsystemId: NoSystemTracker. Failed to open Messaging Host Component System.AggregateException: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. ---> System.Fabric.FabricException: A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

---> (Interne Ausnahme #0) System.Fabric.FabricException: A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

---------------------------------------------------------------

Error:

ServiceBus Broker service failed to start, retry count 1.  Exception message: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten..  Stack Trace:    bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

bei Microsoft.Cloud.HostingModel.ComponentHost.OpenComponent(IComponent component, RequestTracker tracker)

Information

This is the second try to start this Broker!!!

Windows Fabric service registration failed. Retries remaining 6. Exception System.Fabric.FabricException: Service type is already registered. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BD1

bei System.Fabric.Interop.NativeRuntime.IFabricRuntime.RegisterStatefulServiceFactory(IntPtr serviceType, IFabricStatefulServiceFactory factory)

bei System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.InternalRegisterServiceFactory(Boolean isStateful, String serviceType, ServiceFactoryBroker serviceFactoryBroker)

bei System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.RegisterServiceTypeHelper(Boolean isStateful, String serviceTypeName, Type serviceTypeImplementation)

bei System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.<>c__DisplayClassad.<WrapNativeSyncInvoke>b__ac()

bei Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.Ring.Join() 

What can I do to fix it?

Thx

Alex

Monday, February 04, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

what kind of information can i provide in order to get support.

Please, we need this service bus in our projects.

Thx

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Hello Alexander

Given that this is a repeated install, it is quite possible that the configuration files from the previous were left behind. Can you please do the following?

- Open configuration Wizard and select "Leave Farm"

- Delete all the Service Bus related databases in SQL server

- Uninstall Service Bus 1.0 and Windows Fabric

- Verify that the folder C:\Program Data\Windows Fabric folder does not exist

- Verify that the folders C:\Program Files\Service Bus and C:\Program Files\WIndows Fabric does not exist

- Reinstall the product.

Please let me know if this unblocks.

Best Regards

Narasimhan

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:02 PM
  • Hi Narasimhan,

Thank You, I did exactly what You suggested. But the configuration still hangs at the same position. The farm is created but starting the services fail with the same event log messages.

I Suppose this message is the closest to the real problem:

A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

Is there another log which could give us more details?

Best Regards

Alex

Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:46 AM
  • I am having exactly the same problems as you have reported. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Tried using both the wizard and raw powershell commands. Tried on Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 R2 SP1. All attempts so far have resulted in the same issue - the Message Broker service failing to start.

If you manage to get this working I'd love to know how.

Cheers

Richard

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Finally got this working.

Turns out the default ports of the service bus were already being used. To fix this I changed all ports in the generated powershell scripts to be 10*** rather than 9***, e.g. changed port 9000 to port 10000.

This is the modified script I ran

New-SBFarm -SBFarmDBConnectionString 'Data Source=*** Your SQL Server ***;Initial Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -InternalPortRangeStart 10000 -HttpsPort 10355 -TcpPort 10354 -MessageBrokerPort 10356 -RunAsAccount '*** username ***' -AdminGroup 'BUILTIN\Administrators' -GatewayDBConnectionString 'Data Source=*** Your SQL Server ***;Initial Catalog=SbGatewayDatabase;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -CertificateAutoGenerationKey $SBCertificateAutoGenerationKey -MessageContainerDBConnectionString 'Data Source=*** Your SQL Server ***;Initial Catalog=SBMessageContainer01;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -Verbose;

• Proposed as answer by rtj2 Friday, February 15, 2013 3:26 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 3:26 AM
  • Hi guys, can be that you have firewall problems or some other application blocks required ports?

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:02 AM
  • May be this is the problem on my side too, but using another port range does not solve the problem. I tried several.

First i tried to find out, if there is another process blocking the required ports by "netstat -ano". The required ports were not listet. Anyway i configured different port ranges without success.

Please let me know, what can i do, to be sure that all requirements are given for this service to run.

Thank You in advance

Here are the event log entries in chronological order:

1 WARNING

System.ArgumentException: At least one address must be provided if hostEndpoints is non-null

Parametername: hostEndpoints

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient.InitializeFabricClient(SecurityCredentials credential, TimeSpan keepAliveInterval, String[] hostEndpoints)

bei System.Fabric.FabricClient..ctor(SecurityCredentials credential, String[] hostEndpoints)

bei Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.ServiceBusCommandBase.CreateFabricClient()

bei Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.ServiceBusCommandBase.RegisterWinFabricService(Int64 containerId)

CRITICAL

662a1248-5c2c-4ad0-be23-8190d3e0d048

NoSystemTracker

System.AggregateException: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. ---> System.Fabric.FabricException: A communication error caused the operation to fail. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80071BBC

ERROR

Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten.

Monday, February 18, 2013 10:36 AM
  • Hello Alexander,

After installing the product are you using the UI or PowerShell to configure the server? Can you share the PS commands you use to configure?

Regards,

Amit

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:01 AM
  • Hello Amit,

I tried both ways with same result.

Here are the commands:

$SBCertificateAutoGenerationKey = ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText  -Force  -String 'mykey' -Verbose;

New-SBFarm -SBFarmDBConnectionString 'Data Source=GENNE-NB2.BAG;Initial Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -InternalPortRangeStart 33000 -HttpsPort 33355 -TcpPort 33354 -MessageBrokerPort 33356 -RunAsAccount 'Genne@BAG' -AdminGroup 'VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren' -GatewayDBConnectionString 'Data Source=GENNE-NB2.BAG;Initial Catalog=SbGatewayDatabase;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -CertificateAutoGenerationKey $SBCertificateAutoGenerationKey -MessageContainerDBConnectionString 'Data Source=GENNE-NB2.BAG;Initial Catalog=SBMessageContainer01;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -Verbose;

$SBRunAsPassword = ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText  -Force  -String 'mypw' -Verbose;

Add-SBHost -SBFarmDBConnectionString 'Data Source=GENNE-NB2.BAG;Initial Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False' -RunAsPassword $SBRunAsPassword -EnableFirewallRules $true -CertificateAutoGenerationKey $SBCertificateAutoGenerationKey -Verbose;

Try
    {
        New-SBNamespace -Name 'ServiceBusDefaultNamespace' -AddressingScheme 'Path' -ManageUsers 'Genne@BAG' -Verbose;

Start-Sleep -s 90
    }
    Catch [system.InvalidOperationException]
    {
    }

$SBClientConfiguration = Get-SBClientConfiguration -Namespaces 'ServiceBusDefaultNamespace' -Verbose;

Regards

Alex

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:28 AM
  • Any Idea?

If someone wants to view via TeamViewer, no problem!

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Hi, Alex,

I guess all the erros might be rooted to the first ArgumentException. Could you please run the following PowerShell cmdlets and paste the results here?

• Get-SBFarm
    • Get-SBFarmStatus
    • Get-SBClientConfiguration
    • Get-SBRuntimeSetting

Thanks,

SGuy

Monday, March 11, 2013 11:29 PM
  • Hi SGuy,

here you are.

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Get-SBFarm

FarmType                      : SB
    SBFarmDBConnectionString      : Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial
                                    Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated
                                    Security=True;Encrypt=False
    ClusterConnectionEndpointPort : 9000
    ClientConnectionEndpointPort  : 9001
    LeaseDriverEndpointPort       : 9002
    ServiceConnectionEndpointPort : 9003
    RunAsAccount                  : tfssetup@BAG
    AdminGroup                    : BUILTIN\Administrators
    GatewayDBConnectionString     : Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial
                                    Catalog=SbGatewayDatabase;Integrated
    HttpsPort                     : 9355
    TcpPort                       : 9354
    MessageBrokerPort             : 9356
    FarmCertificate               : Thumbprint:
                                    CED99DE272A9F002C773BF86268BB45339CB575C,
                                    IsGenerated: True
    EncryptionCertificate         : Thumbprint:
    Hosts                         : {Name: DevServiceBus.BAG, Configuration State:
                                    HostConfigurationStarted}

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Get-SBFarmStatus

HostId HostName            ServiceName                      Status
                 ------ --------            -----------                      ------
                      1 DevServiceBus.BAG   Service Bus Gateway             Running
                      1 DevServiceBus.BAG   Service Bus Mess...        StartPending
                      1 DevServiceBus.BAG   FabricHostSvc                   Running

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Get-SBClientConfiguration
    Endpoint=sb://DevServiceBus.BAG/ServiceBusDefaultNamespace;StsEndpoint=https://
    DevServiceBus.BAG:9355/ServiceBusDefaultNamespace;RuntimePort=9354;ManagementPo
    rt=9355

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Get-SBRuntimeSetting

Name                                    Value
    ----                                    -----
    DefaultMaximumQueueSizeInMegabytes      8796093022207
    DefaultMaximumTopicSizeInMegabytes      8796093022207
    MaximumNumberOfConnectionsPerEntity     2147483647
    MaximumNumberOfCorrelationFiltersPer... 100000
    MaximumNumberOfQueuesPerNamespace       2147483647
    MaximumNumberOfSqlFiltersPerTopic       2000
    MaximumNumberOfSubscriptionsPerTopic    2000
    MaximumNumberOfTopicsPerNamespace       2147483647
    MaximumQueueSizeInMegabytes             1024;2048;3072;4096;5120;6144;7168;8...
    MaximumTopicSizeInMegabytes             1024;2048;3072;4096;5120;6144;7168;8...
    MessageCacheSizePerEntity               104857600
    IncludeExceptionDetails                 false
    DebugMode                               False

Hopefully You can see the problem!

Regards

Alex

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:20 PM
  • The status shows the host has not been added successfully. Could you please try to run the following PS cmdlets and paste the result here?

• Remove-SBHost
    • Add-SBHos
    • Get-SBFarm
    • Get-SBFarmStatus

Thanks,

SGuy

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Remove-SBHost partially ok, since there is no Service bus running. This is the main Problem!

Add-SBHost Ends with Timeout error. The Event-Log contains the error Messages above in this thread.

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Remove-SBHost
    WARNING: Service Bus service is not present on this host.
    WARNING: Entry for host DevServiceBus.BAG is not present in Service Bus farm
    management database.
    WARNING: Cleanup of Windows Fabric data failed with error 'Could not find a
    part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Windows Fabric\Fabric\work'.'
    WARNING: Remove host completed with error. Run Remove-SBHost with
    FarmMgmtDBConnectionString parameter.

FarmType                      : SB
    SBFarmDBConnectionString      : Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial
                                    Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated
    ClusterConnectionEndpointPort : 9000
    ClientConnectionEndpointPort  : 9001
    LeaseDriverEndpointPort       : 9002
    ServiceConnectionEndpointPort : 9003
    RunAsAccount                  : tfssetup@BAG
    AdminGroup                    : BUILTIN\Administrators
    GatewayDBConnectionString     : Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial
                                    Catalog=SbGatewayDatabase;Integrated
    HttpsPort                     : 9355
    TcpPort                       : 9354
    MessageBrokerPort             : 9356
    FarmCertificate               : Thumbprint:
    EncryptionCertificate         : Thumbprint:
    Hosts                         : {}

Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated Security=True;Encrypt=False

PS C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0> Add-SBHost -SBFarmDBConnectionString 'Data
    Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial Catalog=SbManagementDB;Integrated Security=True
    ;Encrypt=False' -RunAsPassword $myPassword -CertificateAutoGenerationKey $certKe
    y

cmdlet Add-SBHost at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    EnableFirewallRules: Yes

Add-SBHost : Starting service Service Bus Message Broker failed: Time out has
    expired and the operation has not been completed.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-SBHost -SBFarmDBConnectionString 'Data Source=DevServiceBus.BAG;Initial
    Cata ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Add-SBHost], OperationFai
       ledException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ServiceBusStartFailed,Microsoft.ServiceBus.Comma
       nds.AddSBHost

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hi @ll,

I'm having the same problems as Alexander. I even get the same entries in windows event log. The only difference is, that I'm getting a different HRESULT.

Windows Fabric Runtime create failed (Retries left 4) Exception System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071BFF

I tried all things already mentioned in this posting here

• Clean install
    • Using PowerShell instead of wizard

Everytime the same result: Message Broker can't start

Anyone any new ideas?

~Toppi

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Further information:

I'm running Windows Server 2012

Fabric keeps crashing. That's the reason for the timeout I'm experiencing

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Application Error
    Date:          3/22/2013 8:09:19 PM
    Event ID:      1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      SAN_L_50
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Fabric.exe, version: 1.0.960.0, time stamp: 0x50415e97
    Faulting module name: Fabric.exe, version: 1.0.960.0, time stamp: 0x50415e97
    Exception code: 0xc0000602
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001d01e8
    Faulting process id: 0xe48
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2730c0b66fe7
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\Fabric.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\Fabric.exe
    Report Id: feb92107-9323-11e2-9402-525400c1a4bb
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Application Error" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>100</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-22T19:09:19.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>7588</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>SAN_L_50</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Fabric.exe</Data>
        <Data>1.0.960.0</Data>
        <Data>50415e97</Data>
        <Data>Fabric.exe</Data>
        <Data>1.0.960.0</Data>
        <Data>50415e97</Data>
        <Data>c0000602</Data>
        <Data>00000000001d01e8</Data>
        <Data>e48</Data>
        <Data>01ce2730c0b66fe7</Data>
        <Data>C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\Fabric.exe</Data>
        <Data>C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\Fabric.exe</Data>
        <Data>feb92107-9323-11e2-9402-525400c1a4bb</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Friday, March 22, 2013 7:11 PM
  • Hi,

I also had this problem, when I was trying to install ServiceBus and Workflow Manager on Windows Server 2008 R2 machine with SharePoint Server 2013.

Make sure you are logged in to Windows as service account (that will be used to run SB/WF) during install process, and that service account should also be added to local administrators group before you start the installation.

HTH

Dragan Panjkov [http://www.dragan-panjkov.com]

Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:19 PM
  • alexander.genne, do you still have the problem?
    Monday, April 08, 2013 10:19 AM
  • Yes, the Problem is still there.

The logged in user is added to local Administrators Group and the same user is used in the configuration to run the SB.

Monday, April 08, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Try to uninstall SB, Workflow and Windows Fabric, log in as service user and perform entire installation and configuration again, entire time logged in as service user.

Monday, April 08, 2013 11:10 AM
  • Already tried this meny times without success. I started with the SB having this constellation regarding user settings etc.

Any other idea?

Monday, April 08, 2013 11:15 AM
  • I have same problems at win 2008 Server R2 (sql server 2008 R2 SP1). I tried to launch SB at Windows 7, but same situation was occured. Same errors, Service Bus Broker stands in "Starting" status. All polices are enabled, domain account is local admin. Everything should work, but does not work. What's the matter?
    Monday, April 15, 2013 10:09 AM
  • I've changed default ports range to 10000, but still same fault
    Monday, April 15, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Did you try this:

-Login as Service Account

-Delete all SB and WF databases

-Uninstall SB, WF and Windows Fabric

-Install all again

-Start Farm config again (from Elevated PowerShell script window)

?

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Did you try this:

-Login as Service Account

-Delete all SB and WF databases

-Uninstall SB, WF and Windows Fabric

-Install all again

-Start Farm config again (from Elevated PowerShell script window)

?

Yes, my account logs on as service (see screenshot), I've reinstalled Service Bus 1.0 (unable to reinstall cumulative update for SB1.0 via "programs and features"). I've started farm config via console and Powershell, but same error is still here.

Windows Fabric service registration failed. Retries remaining 5. Exception System.Fabric.FabricException: Service type is already registered. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071BD1
       at System.Fabric.Interop.NativeRuntime.IFabricRuntime.RegisterStatefulServiceFactory(IntPtr serviceType, IFabricStatefulServiceFactory factory)
       at System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.InternalRegisterServiceFactory(Boolean isStateful, String serviceType, ServiceFactoryBroker serviceFactoryBroker)
       at System.Fabric.FabricRuntime.RegisterServiceTypeHelper(Boolean isStateful, String serviceTypeName, Type serviceTypeImplementation)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.<>c__DisplayClassad.<WrapNativeSyncInvoke>b__ac()
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.WrapNativeSyncInvoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String functionTag)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.WrapNativeSyncInvoke[TResult](Func`1 func, String functionTag)
       at Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.Ring.Join()  

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:15 PM
  • One feature was found: service tries to register "service type" every 1 min (in log) while starting
    Monday, April 15, 2013 2:01 PM
  • I suppose a kind of communication Problem, since it is the first Problem logged on my System.

I've provided them my VM for researching. Unfortunately without any result until now.

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:11 PM
  • This is still being investigated. Folks who ran into this issue, could you please run the following commands on your machine and provide the result here?

• Get-SBFarm
    • ipconfig

One possibility is that the machine name (and domain name) isn't a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), which is required by Service Bus. According to the data provided, this is true for Alex's machine (DevServiceBus.BAG) and Dmirty's machine (vm-kalianov.ibpsoft).

Please try with FQDN machine name (e.g. machine.domain.company.com) and domain name (e.g. domain.company.com) and see how that works.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:18 AM
  • This is still being investigated. Folks who ran into this issue, could you please run the following commands on your machine and provide the result here?

• Get-SBFarm
    • ipconfig

One possibility is that the machine name (and domain name) isn't a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), which is required by Service Bus. According to the data provided, this is true for Alex's machine (DevServiceBus.BAG) and Dmirty's machine (vm-kalianov.ibpsoft).

Please try with FQDN machine name (e.g. machine.domain.company.com) and domain name (e.g. domain.company.com) and see how that works.

I tried to use FQDN (with empty root name: vm-kalianov.ibpsoft.), but nothing changes. It seems that some wk8 config troubles (ports or domain), or something worse.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Dmitry, simply adding an empty root name isn't exactly what I'm asking for, can you try a FQDN like the example given (machine.domain.company.com)? Also, can you provide the results of the commands?
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Dmitry, simply adding an empty root name isn't exactly what I'm asking for, can you try a FQDN like the example given (machine.domain.company.com)? Also, can you provide the results of the commands?
    Our domain has only <machine name>.<domain name> FQDN. I can't use any other FQDN but this.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Also, can you provide the results of the commands?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Dmirty, normally the root domain name would be in the form of prefix.suffix. I wonder how you could setup a domain with a name that violates this, as far as I know Windows Server 2008 R2 won't allow you to do so.

Did you setup the domain yourself or by your domain administrator? If you setup the domain by yourself, please try to setup a new domain with a name that conforms to the FQDN form.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:38 PM
  • Dmirty, normally the root domain name would be in the form of prefix.suffix. I wonder how you could setup a domain with a name that violates this, as far as I know Windows Server 2008 R2 won't allow you to do so.

Did you setup the domain yourself or by your domain administrator? If you setup the domain by yourself, please try to setup a new domain with a name that conforms to the FQDN form.

I'm working within local domain, and I can not influence the change of FQDN. It is only possible to set resolving in local "hosts" file. I tried to do this, but unsuccessful. Now I'll work with Azure Service Bus via Internet instead local SB.
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:46 AM
  • The root cause of the issue is the domain name does not qualify as a FQDN. There's a workaround available without the need to setup a new domain. Please check out here for detailed steps.

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:42 PM
  • Hello,

Are there any other application on the computer? (SharePoint etc)

Witch version of .NET did you  install?

Istvan

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:24 PM
  • Exactly the same problem happens to me. I had the service bus and workflow manager running on my machine - win8 ent - then I removed and installed again ( deleting folders and uninstalling Fabric and Service bus and deleting databases ) and then, it installs but I'm not able to configure it.

One thing I noticed is that cumulative updates are not being removed, so maybe that may be a cause - and if I try to unistall them now I got the unexpected Error MessageBox, besides if I download the update and try to unistall it, it throws me this error.

Luis Diego Rojas. http://icomparable.blogspot.com

MCP, MCTS Biztalk Server, MCTS WCF

Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:16 AM
  • Hello,

I found the root of problem (in my enviroment) but I coluldn't find a solution yet.

The problem is somewhere in the virtualization enviroment (Red Hat Enterprise Virt - RHEV) and somewhere the network level. After I migrate the computer to the vmware enviroment, the servie bus started. 

Workaround: I create a new host in a vmware enviroment and this host is a Workflow service host for all SP2013 host. (dev, test and producttion too)

The RHEV and Microsoft support investigating the problem.

I think it is unaffected by CU.

Istvan

Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Unfortunately i have exactly the same problem.

when i execute Get-SBFarmStatus i get following result

HostId HostName            ServiceName                      Status
                 ------ --------            -----------                      ------
                      1 server1               Service Bus Gateway             Running
                      1 server1               Service Bus Mess...        StartPending
                      1 server1               FabricHostSvc                   Running
                      2 server2               Service Bus Gateway             Running
                      2 server2               Service Bus Mess...        StartPending
                      2 server2                FabricHostSvc                   Running

The Service Bus Message Broker service stucks on starting

following 2 errors get logged in the event log

Application: Microsoft.ServiceBus.MessageBroker.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The application requested process termination through System.Environment.FailFast(string message).
    Stack:
       at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String, System.Exception)
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.MessageBroker.Backend.OnStart(System.String[])
       at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

AND

Faulting application name: Microsoft.ServiceBus.MessageBroker.exe, version: 2.0.20922.0, time stamp: 0x505e1bad
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0x80131623
    Fault offset: 0x000007f949f40353
    Faulting process id: 0x26bc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cefcdc2f35ded9
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Service Bus\1.0\Microsoft.ServiceBus.MessageBroker.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 03a85309-68d2-11e3-944f-005056ad0fc7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Inside the Microsoft-ServiceBus Log following Error gets logged

TrackingId: fd167002-a70d-42e0-80b5-73b8df250ead, SubsystemId: NoSystemTracker. Failed to open Messaging Host Component System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071BFF
       at System.Fabric.Interop.NativeClient.IFabricServiceManagementClient.EndGetServiceDescription(IFabricAsyncOperationContext context)
       at System.Fabric.FabricClient.ServiceManagementClient.GetServiceDescriptionEndWrapper(AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.FinishNativeAsyncInvoke[TResult](String functionTag, Func`2 endFunc, TaskCompletionSource`1 source, AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter, Boolean expectCompletedSynchronously)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
       at Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.WaitForFabricReady(FabricClient fabricClient, Uri uri)
       at Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHelper.CreateServiceInstances(MessagingManagementProviderConfig messagingManagementProviderConfig)
       at Microsoft.Cloud.ServiceBus.MessageContainerHost.MessageContainerHostComponent.Open()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071BFF
       at System.Fabric.Interop.NativeClient.IFabricServiceManagementClient.EndGetServiceDescription(IFabricAsyncOperationContext context)
       at System.Fabric.FabricClient.ServiceManagementClient.GetServiceDescriptionEndWrapper(AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter)
       at System.Fabric.Interop.Utility.FinishNativeAsyncInvoke[TResult](String functionTag, Func`2 endFunc, TaskCompletionSource`1 source, AsyncCallOutAdapter adapter, Boolean expectCompletedSynchronously)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---

Anyone else has found a solution for this problem?

kind regards

Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Friday, January 03, 2014 11:43 PM
    Owner
  • Not sure if this helps in any way.

I noticed the same problem on my installation.

After trying to figure out the issue for a while I remembered that a few days earlier I had changed the password for my user. Though no reboot had taken place untill the morning of my problem.

The issue I had is that the ServiceBus installation was not done though a service user but though my regular user, and thus my Services for the ServiceBus were running on my standard user.

I had changed these users, this made the following services start

Service Bus Gateway

Service Bus Resource Provider

However the issue with the Service Bus Message Broker remained.

after some sorting I realized that the Windows Fabric Host Service (FabricHostSvc) was not changed.

Changing these logon settings solved the problem for me.

Though these issues should not exists if you preform a full Re-install.

But I thought they might help someone with similar problems.

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:38 AM